Friday, July 29, 2011

Five bad questions for any interview

Five bad questions you might be tempted to ask: what hiring managers may think when they hear them:

Question: Is job-sharing a possibility?
What the interviewer may think: Possibly, but does this mean you can't give us a commitment for full-time work?

Question: Can you tell me whether you have considered the incredible benefits of telecommuting for this position?
What the interviewer may think: Why do you want to get out of the office before you have seen the office?

Question: I understand that employee paychecks are electronically deposited. Can I get my paycheck in the old-fashioned way?
What the interviewer may think: You are already asking for exceptions. What's next? And are you afraid of technology?

Question: I won't have to work for someone with less education than I have; will I?What the interviewer may think: You clearly have a chip on your shoulder. Why should we take a chance that you don't have other interpersonal issues?

Question: The job description mentions weekend work. Are you serious?
What the interviewer may think: We're serious about the job description. We're suddenly less serious about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment